The primary purpose of underfloor insulation is simple: to keep your home warm in winter and cool in summer. Insulation does this by creating barriers between the inside of your home and airflow beneath the building. Without underfloor insulation, the cold air beneath your sub-floor can leak up through the timber and into your home. During winter, this makes it either cold and uncomfortable or incredibly hard to heat. This, combined with possible air leakage, creates a heat sink beneath your home, drawing the heat out from below.
At J.Gorman Insulation, Jesse always recommends an R2.5 floor batt for sub-floors. This highly-flexible batt is friction-fitted and cut to suit. He then securely fastens the insulation to guarantee they remain in place for the building’s life.
Contact me today for a free consultation.
Underfloor insulation benefits
- Reduced energy costs = save money! Improve your heating and cooling costs by up to 80% with professionally-installed insulation. It will pay for itself in as little as three years.
- Increase your comfort – Insulation balances your home’s temperature to a comfortable climate – not too hot, not too cold.
- Reduce your carbon footprint – The less energy you use to heat or cool your home, the more you are helping the environment.
- Reduce noise pollution – Insulation helps to reduce noise from outside and between building levels and rooms.
- Reduce the risk of moisture and condensation – Maintaining warmth within a wall can decrease the chances of dampness and mould forming.
- Reduce fire risks and increase your fire rating
- Stop draughts rising from under the floor